Wednesday 1 May 2013

New Wheels etc.

I bought my Giant TCR in April of 2012, it is the bike I will be riding in the GearUp4CF.  Since then I have put nearly 8000km on it and it was starting to show.  The chain was stretched, cogs and chain rings were worn.  My wheels had worn thin due to braking in the rain.  It was time for a refit.  
Today I installed new carbon fibre wheels, along with a new chain, cassette and chain rings.  Drive train replacement is not an exciting thing, but necessary to avoid future break downs.  The wheels, on the other hand, have me excited. 
 They are a full carbon fibre rim, which translates into a wheel that is lightweight and stiff.  As it stands they are 300 grams lighter than my previous wheels.  They weighed in at 1471 grams out of the box.  
I will put a few hundred kilometres on them over the next week and will write an entry about them later on.



1 comment: