Monday 13 May 2013

Sportif Series Race #2


    On top of riding as much as I can in preparation for the GearUp4CF I have also been racing in local amateur races.  On May 11th there was a race in Langley.  I'm happy to report that I had my best result to date (2nd in my class).  There were roughly 50 riders in the field and after roughly two hours of racing and 78km it came down to a bunch sprint to the finish line.  I was trying to be patient and wait for others to make their move first.  When the rider who ultimately won went for it, I responded by riding as hard as I could.  It wasn't enough to catch him but I was able to pass approximately 5 riders in my sprint to the finish.
    My next race is in Victoria from May 31st to June 2nd.  It will be my first stage race which includes an individual time trial, a road race, and a criterium.  I will be spending the weekend on the island with my wife Maralyn and daughter Heidi.  This will be our first weekend trip as a family, so I'm very excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment