Tuesday 25 June 2013

Day Four.

Today we left Osoyoos on our way to Grand Forks.  We rode roughly 125km, and after a grueling climb up the "anarchist" summit, the rest of the day was rolling green countryside.  There were plenty of old farms and different animals to look at as we passed through small town after small town.  I have driven this route many times in my life but never seen as much of it as I did today.  Everyone agreed that this was the most scenic day yet.
I have heard that after the fourth day of a multi-day bike ride like GearUp4CF there is a turning point.  Once you have reached it your body is no longer begging for mercy and a rest day, but rather, excited for more.  The body becomes accustomed to the long hours on the bike and says "Bring it on! Give me more!".  Today was day four, so I'll let you know tomorrow if this is true.
Tomorrow is the shortest day of the whole ride at only 95km, although there will be substantial climbing involved.  We will be spending the night in the mountain resort town of Rossland and I'm told that the hotel we are staying in is the nicest of the whole trip.  So all things considered, tomorrow should be a day to remember.

Here is a photo of the open road today:

No comments:

Post a Comment